Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
HHanna232
Level I

Graph Builder

Hi,

I was looking for some help. When I hover over a data point in graph builder some info about that point is brought up in a balloon. Is it possible to edit the info shown in this balloon?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
David_Burnham
Super User

Re: Graph Builder

I suppose it depends what you mean by edit.

Here is an example of what you are describing:

David_Burnham_0-1590572325007.png

You can't edit the values - they are part of your data, so James can't become Jim.

But if you mean that you want to display different information e.g. Age then yes you can, so long as the information is in your data table.

In the summary of columns you can right click on a column name and select the 'Label/Unlabel' option - this toggles an attribute that appears as a luggage tag icon:

David_Burnham_2-1590572531405.png

Now when you revisit your graph and hover you will also see age:

David_Burnham_3-1590572588072.png

-Dave

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
David_Burnham
Super User

I suppose it depends what you mean by edit.

Here is an example of what you are describing:

David_Burnham_0-1590572325007.png

You can't edit the values - they are part of your data, so James can't become Jim.

But if you mean that you want to display different information e.g. Age then yes you can, so long as the information is in your data table.

In the summary of columns you can right click on a column name and select the 'Label/Unlabel' option - this toggles an attribute that appears as a luggage tag icon:

David_Burnham_2-1590572531405.png

Now when you revisit your graph and hover you will also see age:

David_Burnham_3-1590572588072.png

-Dave

View solution in original post

Highlighted

In addition to @David_Burnham's suggestion about changing the information used as a label, you can do much more, although that goal might not be your goal in this case.

See Edit Hover Label in the JMP documentation for more explanations and examples.

Learn it once, use it forever!
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.