cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
JL_LZH
Level III

Graph Builder: Ticks in Heatmap at center of cells

I want to put the ticks in a heatmap at the center of the cells and not on the grid, which doesn't make sense in my case. I think you'll know what I mean when looking at the graph. The white spaces are incorrect as we measured in x and y at 0, 1.5 and 3

Is there an option somewhere to change the position of the ticks?

Thanks

@martindemel

heatmap-ticks.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Graph Builder: Ticks in Heatmap at center of cells

Hi @JL_LZH,

I see what you mean -- because JMP is treating your columns as continuous measurements the binning of observations at increments of 1 results in a pretty strange looking plot. You cannot change the location of the tick marks for a continuous scale, but I think an easy solution will be to change the modeling types of your variables to Ordinal by right-clicking the modeling type and selecting Ordinal, as in the animated gif below.

ordinal.gif

Does that help get you closer to what you want for this plot?

@julian 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @JL_LZH,

I see what you mean -- because JMP is treating your columns as continuous measurements the binning of observations at increments of 1 results in a pretty strange looking plot. You cannot change the location of the tick marks for a continuous scale, but I think an easy solution will be to change the modeling types of your variables to Ordinal by right-clicking the modeling type and selecting Ordinal, as in the animated gif below.

ordinal.gif

Does that help get you closer to what you want for this plot?

@julian 

JL_LZH
Level III

Hello Julian,
perfect answer, works exactly as I want.