cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jac865
Level I

Graph Builder: How do I reduce spacing between bars?

I've got the following graph, in which width and spacing in the two panels (experiments here) are automatically set so that the two panels are the same size. i want both panels to have the same bars widths and spacing (which would make the right panel narrower than the left)  i've here changed bar widths in the right panel (customize > bar > width proportion) to match those on the left and i now want to reduce spacing between bars (and in the margins) so that both panels are the same with regards to these two attributes. 

jac865_0-1585941036950.png

any ideas?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Re: Graph Builder: How do I reduce spacing between bars?

Right click on the graph and choose "Customize"
In the Customize window select Bar and then change the Width Proportion
Jim
jac865
Level I

as i wrote in the posting, i did what you suggested to change the bar widths. reducing spacing between bars is the step i'm having problems figuring out

txnelson
Super User

Go to the x axis.  Move to the right on the axis until the grabber(hand) changes from vertical to horizontal. Click and hold and move the cursor to the left.  It will squeeze the axis down in size, reducing the space between the bars.

Jim
jac865
Level I

that works to reduce bar width and spacing but then I have a big gap between my bar and the edge of the panel. any suggestions on how to fit the panel to the contents?

jac865_0-1594154431560.png