Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Graph Builder Data Zone Element Size Marker Size

vkessler

Community Trekker

Dec 23, 2015

Hello everybody,

in the graph builder, the data zone elements "Color" and "Size" are quite handy. I like to use both to pronounce some data (see attached picture).

In my example, there are many different marker colors and just two marker sizes. However, if i want to change the marker size now, i can only change the marker size of the bigger markers. Is it possible to change the marker size of the smaller markers, too?

Thank you!

Marker Size IssueMarker Size Issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vkessler

Community Trekker

Dec 23, 2015

Solution

Often you just have to talk about the issue... I found out, that the marker size is proportional to data in your table. Since i chose "0" for one property and "1" for the other, the markers were diminutive small. No i changed the data in the table to "20" and "100", which gives a reasonable marker size. And if i change the marker size now, both are actually changed, but it appears, that the marker size ratio of 1:5 is constant.

Thank you and cheers.

MarkerSize2.PNG

2 REPLIES
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

I have not been able to replicate the behavior you are seeing, in either JMP 12 or JMP 13.  For both of these versions, changing of the marker size in Graph Builder, changes the marker sizes on all of the data points.  On your displayed chart, I can't make out any size difference that isn't accountable by some observations being selected, and therefore they are highlighted, and the non selected ones are deminutive in their display. 

Can you please clarify

Jim
vkessler

Community Trekker

Dec 23, 2015

Solution

Often you just have to talk about the issue... I found out, that the marker size is proportional to data in your table. Since i chose "0" for one property and "1" for the other, the markers were diminutive small. No i changed the data in the table to "20" and "100", which gives a reasonable marker size. And if i change the marker size now, both are actually changed, but it appears, that the marker size ratio of 1:5 is constant.

Thank you and cheers.

MarkerSize2.PNG