BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
anne_sa
Community Trekker

Graph Builder: Change axis settings for a single individual

Hello everybody,

I am looking for a way to highlight an individual label in the Graph Builder.

Here is an example of the kind of graph I want to create (using Big Class.jmp)

Image2.png

I want to focus on Tim and I would like the label "TIM" to be written in bold, or red, or anything that could help me to quickly identify it. I would like something visible by default on the graph and not having to use the Row editor for example.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: Graph Builder: Change axis settings for a single individual

A method that I have used in the past, has been to create a subset data table and then to change the value of "Tim" to something like "****** Tim".  This will make the displayed value stand out, however, it also requires that any JSL be able to understand that "******* Tim" needs to be handled when dealing with the original data.

Jim
Highlighted
julian
Staff

Hi @anne_sa,

Similar to what @txnelson suggested, in situations like these I've set a Value Label in the column properties for just that row so that I wouldn't need to do any recoding of the data. In your example for instance, you could have **TIM** as the Value Label for TIM and that would let you quickly find that row when using the Name column on one of the axes.

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 12.39.53 PM.png

anne_sa
Community Trekker

Thank you @julian and @txnelson for this very interresting trick!

It is indeed a nice way to quickly find an individual.

However when we have a high number of indivuals with long names this solution may be less efficient...

Do you know if ts there any possibility to change the color of the label for example?

0 Kudos