Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Graph Builder Access Violation in Contour Mode

jason_paquette

Community Trekker

Jan 26, 2015

Hi,

Fairly new to JMP and loving it so far. Noticed a little bit of a bug while using Graph Builder in Contour Display mode and I have been able to recreate the error.

I am plotting a continuous X vs. continuous Y and setting the Color overlay to a continuous column as well.

Everything works as expected, but I noticed that if I change the gradient color theme and then drag the column out of the Color overlay box, I get the following access violation error:

"JMP has performed an access violation and will shut down. Error information will be copied to JMPExcept...jer in the My Documents folder or the User Local Application data folder if this is not possible. The error information can be e-mailed to JMP Technical Support if necessary."

Wondering if anyone has noticed this or is able to recreate it. Not sure how to file a bug to be fixed.

Thanks,

JP

System Specs:

Version: 11.0.0 (64-bit)

O/S: Windows 7 (64-bit)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

I'm sorry that you're having difficulty here.

The best way to report a bug is to first ensure that you're running the latest maintenance version of JMP. You can do that by either:

• Using the JMP Updates preference pane (File->Preferences) and letting JMP check for you, or
  • Going to jmp.com/update and downloading the appropriate updater

If you still have the problem, please contact our Technical Support department, either by email to support@jmp.com, or by phone, +1-919-677-8008. They can help investigate it, report it to our development staff and provide you a workaround if possible.

Again, my apologies for the trouble.

-Jeff

-Jeff
2 REPLIES
Solution

I'm sorry that you're having difficulty here.

The best way to report a bug is to first ensure that you're running the latest maintenance version of JMP. You can do that by either:

• Using the JMP Updates preference pane (File->Preferences) and letting JMP check for you, or
  • Going to jmp.com/update and downloading the appropriate updater

If you still have the problem, please contact our Technical Support department, either by email to support@jmp.com, or by phone, +1-919-677-8008. They can help investigate it, report it to our development staff and provide you a workaround if possible.

Again, my apologies for the trouble.

-Jeff

-Jeff
jason_paquette

Community Trekker

Jan 26, 2015

Thanks for the information, Jeff.

It's no trouble, just thought it might be a good idea to bring up.

JP