Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Graph Buider Chart Axis Scales

eagle

Community Trekker

May 4, 2016

I have a 3 level graph builder chart with 4 columns and I need to have the 3 Y axis on different scales. I have been trying to script this but no luck.

5 REPLIES
ian_jmp

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

Please take a look at this thread.

eagle

Community Trekker

May 4, 2016

I think I am missing something. I tried the example in the thread but I do not have the red triangle option that you listed "Link Page Areas". Also one viewer stated the page option is in the lower right corner of Graph Builder but I do not have that. I am using jmp 11 so maybe I do not have that access?  Really need to configure the scales separately. Thanks

11471_pastedImage_0.png

txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

Having a page option is a JMP 12 feature.

I believe the point that you are missing from the referenced track is that the final view does not use a Y Grouping as your chart does.  It specifies to split your data into multiple columns, based upon your SDP/SDPC/SDPM and then to include them as separate variables into the graph builder.  When that is done, it allows the axes to be independently set.

Jim
eagle

Community Trekker

May 4, 2016

Thanks Jim,

I saw that part in the discussion I was just wondering if I am missing something with my version of JMP. Not sure even if I had 12 that I could use the page option? So my follow up for splitting columns is can you do this with scripting or is this only done in the data?

Thanks Again!

txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

Tables==>Split

That will allow you to split your data based upon your SDP/SDPC/SDPM.  It can also be done in a script too.

Jim