cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
MuttonChops
Level III

Generating Graphs with a FOR loop and appending to a Lineup Box

JMP Pro 13.  I have several graphs that I'm generating with a FOR loop.  I'm attempting to append each looped graph to a lineup box.  

-The loop uses a list (CleanList) that is generated at another point in the script to define the Group X in the graph.  But first I use that CleanName to create a filter and data subset so the graph for that loop uses only that data.  

-I hid some of the basic graph stuff (Graph stuff here...) just to keep my script below easy to follow.

-I get a error (PMcntLUB/*###*/ <<append) in the log when I attempt to run it.  

-Ultimately, this Lineup Box is inserted into a tab box with the other tabs being other components of my script.  

-I'm not dead set on using a lineup box and am happy to try alternatives so long as I can end up with a column of graphs generated by my FOR loop that are embedded in the tab box.

PMcntLUB = Lineup Box( N Col( 1 ) );
For(i=1, i<=n items(CleanList), i++,
	CleanName = CleanList[i]; 
	dtCleanName = dtPMcntStack << Select Where(:Clean == CleanName) << Subset(Output Table( "dt"||CleanName ) << Show Window( 0 ););
	PMcntLUB << append(Graph Builder(
		Graph Stuff Here,
                Variables(X( :ProcessEndDateTime ),Y( :RFhours ),Group X(:Clean)),
More Graph Stuff Here), ); );

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MuttonChops
Level III

Re: Generating Graphs with a FOR loop and appending to a Lineup Box

Wow, my problem was that I had a commented line with forward slashes instead of back slashes....face palm.  Corrected that and the script works.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MuttonChops
Level III

Re: Generating Graphs with a FOR loop and appending to a Lineup Box

Wow, my problem was that I had a commented line with forward slashes instead of back slashes....face palm.  Corrected that and the script works.