Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

FrameBox Change Format

Highlighted
bjbreitling

Community Trekker

Dec 13, 2012

Hi Community,

I have a frameBox and it doesn't respond to the code to change the format like the ScaleBox does i.e. , {Format( "Fixed Dec", 12, 0 )}. How would I change the format in a frameBox?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bjbreitling

Community Trekker

Dec 13, 2012

Solution

SendToReport(

Dispatch( {}, "102", ScaleBox, {Format( "Fixed Dec", 12, 0 )} ) )

The above works.  The Dispatch code above being the change when you save script with the manual change of the format to no decimals in the chart.  Before I had replaced the Dispatch code for the frame box that came with the script that was generated pre-change of the format manually.  I changed everything but the place where the "102" was "Chart Value" and I never changed that and didn't realize that was important to change too.

2 REPLIES
David_Burnham

Super User

Jul 13, 2011

You might get more help if you explain what you are trying to do.  The format message applies to text, but a  framebox is a container for graphical elements, not text (with the exception of text annotation which is generated through graphical scripts).  In the context of a graph the obvious text would be on the axes - so you would need to apply Format to an AxisBox not the FrameBox.

David

-Dave
bjbreitling

Community Trekker

Dec 13, 2012

Solution

SendToReport(

Dispatch( {}, "102", ScaleBox, {Format( "Fixed Dec", 12, 0 )} ) )

The above works.  The Dispatch code above being the change when you save script with the manual change of the format to no decimals in the chart.  Before I had replaced the Dispatch code for the frame box that came with the script that was generated pre-change of the format manually.  I changed everything but the place where the "102" was "Chart Value" and I never changed that and didn't realize that was important to change too.