Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Formula Editor Question

nqj

Occasional Contributor

May 19, 2017

Hi,

I'm still relatively new to JMP and had a few questions about the formula editor. I'm currently using a separate script to update column entries that have already been entered by creating an associative array. I have the columns updating correctly, but I'm wondering if there is a way to copy my script into the formula editor so that it updates automatically rather than having to run a separate script? Or perhaps there may be a better algorithm to use than the one I'm using? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Best,

Noah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

Solution

Formula's are just scripts, so, even without seeing your script, I would make the assumption that the script you are using could be used as a formula.  Now, there are a couple of slight differences, but those can be worked around.....I would guess.

As far as evaluating if you are using the wrong algorithm, without knowing what it is, that would be tough to give an opinion on.

Jim
1 REPLY
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

Solution

Formula's are just scripts, so, even without seeing your script, I would make the assumption that the script you are using could be used as a formula.  Now, there are a couple of slight differences, but those can be worked around.....I would guess.

As far as evaluating if you are using the wrong algorithm, without knowing what it is, that would be tough to give an opinion on.

Jim