cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ted
Ted
Level IV

Fit Y by X -> plot -> Matching colum. Question: how highlight (differently) matching points (eg, with White circle and Black circle)?

Fit Y (temperature) by X (two groups) -> got plot -> then I make “Matching colum” (I have colum: 0-survival patients, 1- dead)-> now I want highlight the survival patients with White Circle marker and died with Black circle. How to do it on plot? (I can do it in the data table, but do not know how to do it on graph.) Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Fit Y by X -> plot -> Matching colum. Question: how highlight (differently) matching points (eg, with White circle and Black circle)?

So now all you have to do is to create the graph.  Rt mouse click on the graph and select Row Legend

11829_pastedImage_6.png

Select the Indicator column.

11830_pastedImage_7.png

Right Mouse Click on the value in the Row State box, and change the colors and the markers to what you want, and then repeat the process for the second value of Indicator.

11831_pastedImage_8.png

11833_pastedImage_0.png

Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Re: Fit Y by X -> plot -> Matching colum. Question: how highlight (differently) matching points (eg, with White circle and Black circle)?

If I am understanding your question, you have a plot like the following:

11817_pastedImage_0.png

And you want to color all of the 0-survival points one color and all of the 1-dead points a different color.

All you have to do, is to click on your mouse and drag it across all of the points you want to be grouped together for coloring, and then rt mouse click on one of the selected points and select Row Colors, and then select the color you want.  If you want a different marker, repeat the rt mouse click and choose Row Markers.

11818_pastedImage_1.png

Repeat the operation for the 1-dead grouping and you will get the following chart

11819_pastedImage_2.png

Jim
Ted
Ted
Level IV

Jim, thank you for the really useful information for me and I'm sorry that not clear written! I mean something other:

There are three columns:

1) Temperature

2) Group (disease1 and disease2) and

3) Indicator (alive -0, dead-1), so alive and dead can be in both groups!!!

Fit Y (temperature) by X (two groups: disease1 and disease2) -> got plot -> then I make “Matching colum” (I have indicator colum: 0-alive patients, 1- dead patients)-> now I want highlight the survival patients with White Circle marker and died with Black circle. How to do it on plot? (I can do it in the data table, but do not know how to do it on graph.) Thanks!

txnelson
Super User

So now all you have to do is to create the graph.  Rt mouse click on the graph and select Row Legend

11829_pastedImage_6.png

Select the Indicator column.

11830_pastedImage_7.png

Right Mouse Click on the value in the Row State box, and change the colors and the markers to what you want, and then repeat the process for the second value of Indicator.

11831_pastedImage_8.png

11833_pastedImage_0.png

Jim
Ted
Ted
Level IV

Dear Jim, Thank You for your kindness and so clear explanation!