Our World Statistics Day conversations have been a great reminder of how much statistics can inform our lives. Do you have an example of how statistics has made a difference in your life? Share your story with the Community!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
ThoYala
Level I

Fit Y by X by 2 category of X axis as graph builder

I would like to have Fit Y by X graph for easy view as graph builder.

Expect Graph.png

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Fit Y by X by 2 category of X axis as graph builder

Fit Y by X is intended for simple but common cases involving a single dependent and single independent variable. The continuous Y role and categorical X role in your example would actually launch the Oneway platform. This platform does not work with two nested categorial variables in the X role.

So JMP provides Graph Builder for general visualization and Fit Least Squares for general modeling and testing for cases with more than one independent variable.

Learn it once, use it forever!
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Fit Y by X is a specialized platform that only handles one Y and one X per analysis. The Fit Model is the platform you might need to be using, if you are looking for a mullti factor ANOVA or you may be able to get the graph you want from the Variability Chart platform

Analyze==>Quality and Process==>Variability Chart

var1.PNG

If you can be more specific in what you are looking for out of the Fit Y by X, a better solution may be determined.

Jim
Highlighted
ThoYala
Level I

Thanks you very much. It is fit my expectation. 

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.