cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
johnm
Level III

Fit Y by X Title always include the "Bivariate Fit of " phrase; is there a method to exclude this?

Hello,

The Fit Y by X has in the title the phrase "Bivariate Fit of " in the title.

Is there a method or setting preference that skips placing this phrase in the title?

(Scripting allows customizing the title, just was curious if there was another method.)

thanks,
John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Fit Y by X Title always include the "Bivariate Fit of " phrase; is there a method to

The option that you are aluding to does not exist.  You will have to use the manual method, or use a JSL script.

Jim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: Fit Y by X Title always include the "Bivariate Fit of " phrase; is there a method to

I don't believe there is any selectable option that will change the behavior..  However, interactively, you can just click on the outline box, and change the title to whatever you want

Jim
johnm
Level III

Hi Jim,

ok. I could not find any setings that allow the 'Bivariate Fit of" to be excluded from the title.

The manual method you describe works on one graph at time.

One can build a script to customize the title line.

I was looking for a method that simply changes this default title "Bivariate Fit of" to be excluded, and have the title produce a "dep var by indep var  grouping1=a  grouping2=b, ...."

John

txnelson
Super User

The option that you are aluding to does not exist.  You will have to use the manual method, or use a JSL script.

Jim