BookmarkSubscribe
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lucy_luo_conoco
Community Trekker

Filtered data function didn't work for JMP 14 dashboard interactive HTML report

Built a jmp dashboard with filter function, and save as interactive report, but the fitler funtion didn't work. 

I saw one post from jmp community and mentioned it is not working for internet edge, should work for chrom. but it didn't work for me either internet explorer( and edge) and chrom browser. 

Also looks like it takes longer (3-4 mintues) to create a dashbord in JMP14 than  20 less seconds in JMP13 (my data is 11000 rows only) 

Thanks for your reply! 

2018-07-27_11-35-30.png

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Filtered data function didn't work for JMP 14 dashboard interactive HTML report

Thank you for your question. I hope this reply will help you figure out what is going on in this particular case and in general how to get the most out of our interactive HTML capability.

In general, JMP 14 supports Local Data Filters in Interactive HTML, but there are some cases that can't be supported.

When part of a report is not interactive in the Interactive HTML output, please look at JMP's log. There should be a line explaining what feature or condition caused the section of the report to not be interactive.

If the feature is one you would like us to implement in a future release, please let use know here, through JMP technical support, or in the JMP Wish List.

To clarify our support for Microsoft's Edge Browser, with the Edge browser, Interactive HTML local data filters are partially supported in JMP 14. Support for filtering with categorical variables is interactive, but filtering with continuous variables is not.

Thanks,

~John

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Filtered data function didn't work for JMP 14 dashboard interactive HTML report

Thank you for your question. I hope this reply will help you figure out what is going on in this particular case and in general how to get the most out of our interactive HTML capability.

In general, JMP 14 supports Local Data Filters in Interactive HTML, but there are some cases that can't be supported.

When part of a report is not interactive in the Interactive HTML output, please look at JMP's log. There should be a line explaining what feature or condition caused the section of the report to not be interactive.

If the feature is one you would like us to implement in a future release, please let use know here, through JMP technical support, or in the JMP Wish List.

To clarify our support for Microsoft's Edge Browser, with the Edge browser, Interactive HTML local data filters are partially supported in JMP 14. Support for filtering with categorical variables is interactive, but filtering with continuous variables is not.

Thanks,

~John

lucy_luo_conoco
Community Trekker

John,

Thanks for your reply. 

I checked the log and it looks it can't be interactive at all...do you have any successful interactive webpage example to show?

I used the data Iris and patially tried to follow this to create interactive web report from dashboard. but it didn't work. 

http://www.jmp.com/support/help/InteractiveHTML/14/ShareJMPReports.shtml

Log View:
Interactive HTML: Selection filters are not interactive.
Interactive HTML: Controls are not interactive.
Interactive HTML: Mosaic cell labels are not supported.
Interactive HTML: Contour plot is not interactive.
Interactive HTML: Three-dimensional graphs are not interactive.
Interactive HTML: Unsupported display type: SceneBox
Created Web Page.

0 Kudos

There are examples of graphs that are supported here.

I'm not surprised about the contour plot, controls, or three dimensional graphs not supported, but I am surprised to see 'selection filters' in the list. Not because selection filter are suppoosed to be functioning, because they're not, but because I can't tell which of your graphs is marked as a selection filter.

Try removing the graph that is marked as a selection filter and save as Interactive HTML again. You should at least see the Bivariate Fit of Petal length By Sepal length react to changes in the Local Data Filter.

Hope this helps,

~John 

0 Kudos
lucy_luo_conoco
Community Trekker

Now I only used bivariate plot in the dashboard. and it didn't work either. see attached mp4 video I created. it was working in dashboard, but when I saved as interactive html, it didn't interactive at all and log shows:

Interactive HTML: Selection filters are not interactive.
Interactive HTML: Mosaic cell labels are not supported.
Created Web Page.

0 Kudos
lucy_luo_conoco
Community Trekker

so I guess from dashboard to interactive webreport, filter function is not supported... 

0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing the video. I saw something I didn't notice before. On the local data filter in the dashboard, there are two filter icons.

The second one means that the local data filter is marked as a selection filter which is not supported, but this can be changed to make the local data filter work in Interactive HTML.

Just edit your dashboard, right click on the right panel and pick "Remove Selection Filter". Then when you run the dashboard,  the local data filter will not be marked as a selection filter anymore. You would only see one filter icon and when you save the dashboard as Interactive HTML, the local data filter should work.

You may have built your dashboard by dragging the local data filter into a template, like the "Filter + 1 Daskboard" template, in which the right side is intended to be used as a selection filter. The "Filter + 1 Dashboard" is very useful for treating a graphic like a distribution, bar chart, or heatmap as a selection filter, but not necessary when using a local data filter.

If you start by picking the "2x1 Dashboard" template instead of the "Filter + 1 Dashboard" template. Then drag the local data filter into the left (or right) panel. You will be able to get the same result with less work and it will be interactive in the HTML version.

~John

lucy_luo_conoco
Community Trekker

John,

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos