Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
JohannesENS
Level II

Filter X-Achse Graph-Builder

Hallo zusammen,

ich habe eine Grafik mit Hilfe von Graphbuilder erstellt. Ich möchte mir nun nur einen bestimmten Ausschnitt der X-Achse anzeigen lassen. Welche Möglichkeit gibt es? Wenn ich einen lokalen Datenfilter anwende, bleibt die Skalierung der X-Achse gleich und es verschwinden oder erscheinen nur die Datenpunkte im ausgewählten Zeitraum.

Ich habe ein Beispielbild angehängt. Ich möchte nur den roten Bereich sehen.

Danke.

Annotation.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: Filter X-Achse Graph-Builder

I was able to get Graph Builder work with the local data filter in both ways. I can change the filter and it changes the axis values. I don't know exactly how to switch between the two, and I haven't found any documentation on them. But here's how I was able to change it so that the axis settings change with the local filter. Go to the date axis and expand the range so that the axis values need to change. Then right-click the axis and select Revert Axis. After that, the axis in my charts was changed when the local filter was changed.

Jim

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

I was able to get Graph Builder work with the local data filter in both ways. I can change the filter and it changes the axis values. I don't know exactly how to switch between the two, and I haven't found any documentation on them. But here's how I was able to change it so that the axis settings change with the local filter. Go to the date axis and expand the range so that the axis values need to change. Then right-click the axis and select Revert Axis. After that, the axis in my charts was changed when the local filter was changed.

Jim

View solution in original post

Highlighted
JohannesENS
Level II

Thank you for the Reply, Jim.

Can you send a screenshot? It doesnt work at my file.

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Here is the screenshot with the filter cleared, and with it set to a date range.  I only changed the filter, it changed the graph.  And also, I added the script for the graph.

before1.PNG

before2.PNG

names default to here(1);
dt = open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Aircraft Incidents.jmp");

Graph Builder(
	Size( 534, 566 ),
	Show Control Panel( 0 ),
	Variables(
		X( :Event Date ),
		Y( :Total Fatal Injuries ),
		Y( :Total Serious Injuries ),
		Y( :Total Minor Injuries )
	),
	Elements( Position( 1, 1 ), Points( X, Y, Legend( 9 ) ) ),
	Elements( Position( 1, 2 ), Points( X, Y, Legend( 11 ) ) ),
	Elements( Position( 1, 3 ), Points( X, Y, Legend( 13 ) ) ),
	Local Data Filter(
		Add Filter(
			columns( :Event Date ),
			Where(
				:Event Date >= 14Aug2001:08:03:20 & :Event Date <=
				17Nov2001:16:06:40
			)
		)
	)
);
Jim
Highlighted
JohannesENS
Level II

Thanks for the answer Jim.
Is it possible that this function is only available at JMP 15? Up to now, I´m still using JMP 14.
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

I have run the code on JMP 14 and it works the same
Jim
Highlighted
JohannesENS
Level II

Hello Jim,

can you please repost your comment "Jul 3, 2020 3:53 AM"?

I just got the german Translation which is pretty bad. I changed my language now to english. I think this will work much better. Maybe i missed something due to the Translation. Thank you!       

Highlighted
JohannesENS
Level II

Thank you! I got it
Article Labels