cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dilipkumar
Level II

F (distribution) Inverse functinality

Hi,

i am trying to find out the F inverse value. I am having input like  probability values and degrees of freedom. Can any help me in finding out this functionality. I have tried using F density function but not sure weather my results are correct or not.

Dilip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: F (distribution) Inverse functinality

Are you asking for the cumulative distribution function (CDF)? See Help > Scripting Index. Then click the button at the top left corner to select Functions. Now select Probability in the first list and F Distribution in the second list. The arguments are the given quantile (F ratio), df for the numerator, and df for the denominator. It returns the probability of this F ratio or less.

I think you are asking for the F Quantile function. (Select it in the second list.) The arguments are the given probability, df for the numerator, and df for the denominator. It returns the quantile (F ratio) corresponding to the given probability.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: F (distribution) Inverse functinality

Are you asking for the cumulative distribution function (CDF)? See Help > Scripting Index. Then click the button at the top left corner to select Functions. Now select Probability in the first list and F Distribution in the second list. The arguments are the given quantile (F ratio), df for the numerator, and df for the denominator. It returns the probability of this F ratio or less.

I think you are asking for the F Quantile function. (Select it in the second list.) The arguments are the given probability, df for the numerator, and df for the denominator. It returns the quantile (F ratio) corresponding to the given probability.