BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
BSwid

Contributor

Sep 25, 2018

Export to MS Word (or other MS application) with markdown like R

A colleague of mine is asking if JMP has a markdown export similar to R.  Where the report output can read numbers so if a number changes in one spot in the report it will change in the whole report.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gzmorgan0

Super User

Jul 25, 2016

Solution

Re: Export to MS Word (or other MS application) with markdown like R

"Changing one number changes all instances" does not sounds like something I would trust for an analysis reporting tool.

I have not use a markdown document, however, JMP can be used to run an R program. To see examples open the Scripting Index > Functions > scroll to () R .  This requires JSL (JMP scripting) and R scripting.

Also, this link for doc to markdown provides several programs that can be installed to convert a WORD doc to markdown.  Once installed many are a command line call, so you would save your output to WORD, then convert using the function Run Program() in a script or convert it outside of JMP with one of the examples provided at the StackOverflow discussion. 

Those are the only leads I have. 

1 REPLY 1
gzmorgan0

Super User

Jul 25, 2016

Solution

Re: Export to MS Word (or other MS application) with markdown like R

"Changing one number changes all instances" does not sounds like something I would trust for an analysis reporting tool.

I have not use a markdown document, however, JMP can be used to run an R program. To see examples open the Scripting Index > Functions > scroll to () R .  This requires JSL (JMP scripting) and R scripting.

Also, this link for doc to markdown provides several programs that can be installed to convert a WORD doc to markdown.  Once installed many are a command line call, so you would save your output to WORD, then convert using the function Run Program() in a script or convert it outside of JMP with one of the examples provided at the StackOverflow discussion. 

Those are the only leads I have.