Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
fidaleom
Community Trekker

Encryption problem with Nonlinear platform

Hello dear All,

I created a simple script saved to a data table that performs the nonlinear fitting of the data in the table by using the simple Michaelis-Menten model. I also used the custom estimate function of the nonlinear platform to estimate the ratio theta1/theta2 (where theta1 and theta2 are the Michaelis Menten parameters estimated by the platform). So far everything works well. If I encrypt the script (I copied the script in a new window, encrypted it and copied it back to the table script window by using the command JSL Encrypt (“encrypted script”) everything works except that instead of seeing the custom formula in one of the outline of the report (as I would see it without encryption) I see the encrypted script!

I had this same problem in other more complex script involving the nonlinear platform with custom estimates.

I would appreciate very much any help.

Thanks,

Marcello.

PS: I am attaching the data table with the encrypted script. The script password is 'example'.

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Craige_Hales
Staff (Retired)

Re: Encryption problem with Nonlinear platform

Thanks for reporting this, with a table to reproduce the problem. I don't think there will be a workaround, other than not encrypting the script. I've fixed it for a future version of JMP.

The outline title is built by converting parts of the encrypted source back to printable text, and JMP needed to allow that conversion to decrypt the result.

Craige

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Craige_Hales
Staff (Retired)

Thanks for reporting this, with a table to reproduce the problem. I don't think there will be a workaround, other than not encrypting the script. I've fixed it for a future version of JMP.

The outline title is built by converting parts of the encrypted source back to printable text, and JMP needed to allow that conversion to decrypt the result.

Craige

View solution in original post

fidaleom
Community Trekker

Many thanks Craige!

Best,

Marcello.

0 Kudos