cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
thaumaturgy
Level I

Effect Leverage Step-by-Step

I am looking for a good "step-by-step" instruction on how JMP calculates and plots the Effect Leverage Plots for each individual effect in a given model.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
-Chris
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Effect Leverage Step-by-Step

The Applied Statistical Essentials webcast from Predictum covered leverage plots.

See if the two leverage plot episodes give you what you need.

-Jeff

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Jeff_Perkinson

The Applied Statistical Essentials webcast from Predictum covered leverage plots.

See if the two leverage plot episodes give you what you need.

-Jeff
FuatD
Level I

The link by @Jeff_Perkinson below is not working.  I appreciate it if the link to the webcast can be corrected.

Jeff_Perkinson

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be available any more. Perhaps @wjlevin can find an archive. 

-Jeff
wjlevin
Level III

if you'd like, send me an email ( levin@predictum.com ) and I'll send you a script which walks you through the steps (it's shown on the videos that Jeff Perkinson referred to).

I love leverage plots - really awesome innovation.
thaumaturgy
Level I

wjlevin,
Was that your presentation on leverage plots? THAT. WAS. PERFECT!

That had to be the most perfectly crafted podcast for a stats topic I have ever seen. It had exactly the information I wanted and presented it clearly and succinctly!

THANK YOU!
-Chris
thaumaturgy
Level I

Thanks! I'll take a look through the posted link!

I really like the leverage plots as well as a diagnostic, but when people ask me what they are I am having difficulty explaining it other than to say what the JMP manuals say I should use them to do.
wjlevin
Level III

I came across a recent request and uploaded the original videos to Vimeo.

The first video focusses on how to interpret leverage plots: https://vimeo.com/757403935/be20c9d066.
The second video takes you through a step-by-step in how they are put together to further aid in understanding them: https://vimeo.com/757403925/851d322e48

You’ll see reference to a script there - that is no longer available but it is incorporated in an Add-in. If you are interested in receiving the add-in, please send an email to info@predictum.com and ask for the Illustrations & Modeling aids add-in.

statman
Super User

Just a note the video links are reversed.  The top link is Leverage Plots 1

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box