BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BioMikey

New Contributor

Dec 6, 2018

Easy Question

New to setting up spreadsheets in JMP and I have an easy question. I simply need to calculated elapsed time (in days) with my process dates and times. So the proces goes about 15 days with one or two time points per day. I am embaressed as this should be easy, but I can't get it to work.

How do I do that in JMP? Thank you- MB

7 REPLIES
uday_guntupalli

Community Trekker

Sep 15, 2014

Re: Easy Question

@BioMikey,
     DateDifference()

Best
Uday
BioMikey

New Contributor

Dec 6, 2018

I will try that- thank you.

BioMikey

New Contributor

Dec 6, 2018

So this is what I have, and forgive me, I have no programming skill. How do I get it to work from here. Thanks and I wish I could buy you coffee ;)

uday_guntupalli

Community Trekker

Sep 15, 2014

@BioMikey
        Please see the attached JMP table 

Best
Uday
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

Here is the formula you want to use for your Elapsed Time (Days) column

Date Difference( :Date Time[1], :Date Time[Row()], "Day", "start" ) );
Jim
markbailey

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

Do you need the Row() function or a subscript with the second argument if this expression is used in a column formula?

Learn it once, use it forever!
BioMikey

New Contributor

Dec 6, 2018

Thanks. Part of the problem is I will have multiple runs, and it needs to recalculate for each set of data. This is biology data, so I have several runs that I hope to have elapsed days on the x axis, and all my outputs on the y axis (like metabolism indicators). I could just put days 1, 2, 3 etc., but sometimes I sample in the morning and sometimes in the late afternoon, so days is less accurate than elapsed days. I will probably use this for other calculations once I get used to this interface. Cheers