BookmarkSubscribe
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
Reinaldo
Community Trekker

Doesn't JMP contain Goodman-Kruskal gamma coefficient (or correlation) on its stats package?

Hi JMP users,

I would like to run Goodman-Kruskal gamma coefficient (or correlation) for measuring relative accuracy in Psychology field using JMP, but it seems JMP doesn't contain it on its stats package. The Goodman-Kruskal gamma coefficient is one of the most common measures of association in Statistics.

In R, I found the function GKgamma () in the packages "vcd" and "vcdExtra".

Thank you.

~Rei
0 Kudos
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Doesn't JMP contain Goodman-Kruskal gamma coefficient (or correlation) on its stats package?

Check out the link below.  I found it in the JMP 14 online documentation.

Measures of Association

Not sure if it is exactly what you want, but based on the Wikipedia definition it should be pretty close.

txnelson
Super User

Re: Doesn't JMP contain Goodman-Kruskal gamma coefficient (or correlation) on its stats package?

If it is available in R, then just take your R code and run it from JMP, porting over your JMP data table using the JMP to R interface.

Jim
13 REPLIES 13

Check out the link below.  I found it in the JMP 14 online documentation.

Measures of Association

Not sure if it is exactly what you want, but based on the Wikipedia definition it should be pretty close.

Reinaldo
Community Trekker

Hi Bill, thank you for your post.

Well, I think it could be the same. I am not sure if there is any other Goodman-Kruskal gamma coefficient (correlation)... smiles...

I'll try to run it.

Best.

~Rei
0 Kudos
Reinaldo
Community Trekker

Clicking on that JMP reference page, it directs to the Goodman-Kruskal's work. So I think it is what I am looking for.

Thanks, @bill_worley

~Rei
0 Kudos
Reinaldo
Community Trekker

Hi @bill_worley,

JMP works correctly and provides the same results.

I need to set up the variables as Numeric and Nominal

~Rei
0 Kudos
txnelson
Super User

If it is available in R, then just take your R code and run it from JMP, porting over your JMP data table using the JMP to R interface.

Jim
Reinaldo
Community Trekker

Hi @txnelson

How can I run it from JMP, porting over your JMP data table using the JMP to R interface?

I need to learn this integration between JMP and R.

Tnx.

~Rei
0 Kudos
txnelson
Super User

The interface between JMP and R is documented in the Scripting Guide

Help==>Books==>Scripting Index==>Working with R

Jim
0 Kudos
Reinaldo
Community Trekker

Tnx, Jim!

~Rei
0 Kudos
txnelson
Super User

There is also a JMP Addin available in the File Exchange "The JMP to R Addin Builder"

Jim
0 Kudos