Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Does the Fit Model platform with the Mixed Model personality provide letters showing which means are significantly different when you do a multiple comparison test? The least sqaures personality does, but I can't find it for the Mixed Model personality.

imendel

Community Trekker

Nov 5, 2014

Does the Fit Model platform with the Mixed Model personality provide letters showing which means are significantly different when you do a multiple comparison test? 

4 REPLIES
julian

Staff

Jun 25, 2014

Hi imendel,

The mixed model personality in Fit Model does not produce a connecting letters report for multiple comparison procedures at this time. When I first started using the mixed model personality I also missed the connecting letters report (it really is useful), but have grown quite fond of the Pairwise Comparisons Scatterplot, which gives even more information at a glance.

8639_Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 4.52.05 PM.png

If you would like, I would be happy to submit a feature request to add an option for the connecting letters report in the mixed model personality.

julian

imendel

Community Trekker

Nov 5, 2014

Julian,

Thanks so much for your response.

Please do submit a feature request to add the connecting letters report to the mixed model personality.  When you are graphing treatment means, it is very convenient to have the connecting letters report so that one can easily add these letters to the graph. It is now quite inconvenient. I am really surprised that SAS didn't include this great feature into JMP12.

Best,

Irv

julian

Staff

Jun 25, 2014

Hi Irv,

I'll do that for you. I also use the connecting letters report for making charts; it's a pretty indispensable tool and I'm sure others will find it useful to be included in the new mixed model personality.

julian

Hunt0416

Community Member

Jul 18, 2017

Has there been any progress on adding the connecting letters report to mixed effects model results? 

Thank you