cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
smit3000
Level I

Displaying n values above above bars

Hello,

I'm trying to display the n sample size for each category in my graph above the error bars on my graphs. For example, I'm looking at data and comparing findings from different states, which are my categories, and I'd like to display how many respondents, my n, were in each category.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Displaying n values above above bars

I do not know how to add such a label. You could, though, display the group size in a second plot.

Capture.JPG

This way would also allow you to use separate labels for the two kinds of information.

Thierry_S
Super User

Re: Displaying n values above above bars

One possibility is to add a Caption Box with the N statistic.
1) Plot your data as desired
2) Right Click on the Plot and select Add > Caption Box (you should see the Overall Mean for the entire data set)
3) Right Click again on the Plot, select Caption Box > Summary Statistics > N
4) 3) Right Click again on the Plot, select Caption Box > Per Factor

This will produce annotation at the top of the graph for each bar.

If that does not meet your criteria, you could create a new column with the n for each category, choose this column as Label, and then use it in Graph Builder as Label by Row

Depending on the organization of your table, the formula for n will be slightly different: a good place to start is "Col Number( :Y, :Category)"
Thierry R. Sornasse