Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Displaying detail data in Interactive HTML

Lusia

New Contributor

Oct 13, 2017

Hi, Is it possible to display detailed data in the popup box when hovering over a dot in the generated Interactive HTML? By default, the popup displays Row number, Y-axis data and X-axis data.  Need to display some other data in the row.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES
Justin_Chilton

Aug 27, 2015

The information that appears in the tooltip (besides the x/y axis values) is controlled by the labeled property of a column.

In the below table, I have name, age, and sex labeled. These columns will appear in addition to the x and y axis columns (height and weight).

Capture.PNG

In JMP's Graph Builder:

2017-10-13_13-22-28.png

In Interactive HTML's Graph Builder:

2017-10-13_13-23-09.png

Justin
Lusia

New Contributor

Oct 13, 2017

Justin, Thanks much! Saw the other data in the Graph Tool now. Going to generate the HTML and see. Not a JMP user myself. Asking for a user whom I'm trying to help with publishing the generated HTMLs. 

Lusia

New Contributor

Oct 13, 2017

Justin,

Went back to see the Interactive HTML from the user, we still have issues with the tooltip display. The user was doing a control chart analyzing, e.g. IR or an XBar. Although the Xbar chart will show data from labelled columns in JMP graph builder, the info does not survive the conversion to an interactive HTML plot. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Lusia

Justin_Chilton

Aug 27, 2015

Unfortunately, the Control Chart platforms handle tool tips a little bit differently than Graph Builder and therefore the tool tips are not the same when exported to interactive HTML. 

Justin
Lusia

New Contributor

Oct 13, 2017

Ok. Is there any way to display other columns for the plots in the control platform, by scripting or something? The data is prefered to be displayed in tool tip but any other places in the HTML would work better than nothing.  Thanks!

Lusia