Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Display thumbnail of selected rows

firetiti

Community Trekker

Apr 23, 2016

Hi,

I have JMP tables full of features extracted from images. When I analyze the features, I need to select (from a graph) some of them (outliers for example) and take a deep look at them. As they come from images, I would like to:

• Display a thumbnail of the selected images
  • If necessary display the original image.

For the first point, I first tried to simply display a random image, using the script in this discussion.

Unfortunately, I get an error here: table1:pic[1] = p;

The error says that the column type does not match.

Is it because I use JMP 10?

If no, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Yes, if you want a column to contain actual images you'll need JMP12.  However, to verify, the column will contain the actual image zoomed into whatever the column and row size allows.  Since it's not an actual thumbnail the data stored in each row can get very large (and slow) on picture columns.  You could minimize this effect by resizing images (effectively creating your own thumbnails) before inserting into the data table and such.

4 REPLIES
ms

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

Yes, the expression data type requires JMP12.

Check out this thread. Might give you some ideas on how to display pictures in JMP.

firetiti

Community Trekker

Apr 23, 2016

Thanks for your answer.

This thread seems to answer my second point: display the original image.

However, I understand that the first point "display a thumbnail into a column" can be achieved only using JMP12.

Solution

Yes, if you want a column to contain actual images you'll need JMP12.  However, to verify, the column will contain the actual image zoomed into whatever the column and row size allows.  Since it's not an actual thumbnail the data stored in each row can get very large (and slow) on picture columns.  You could minimize this effect by resizing images (effectively creating your own thumbnails) before inserting into the data table and such.

firetiti

Community Trekker

Apr 23, 2016

Thanks for your answer, and indeed, I expected to resize the images in order to create my own thumbnails.