cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
abdulj
Level IV

Display Values on Top of Graph Builder Bars

Is there any way to display the values of the bars on top of the bars in the bar charts made in graph builder?? I know you can do this through the regular "Graph->Chart" option, but can't seem to find it using graph builder.

The reason I need graph builder is because I need to use the Wrap and Overlay functions which don't seem to be available through "Graph->Chart"

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JohnPonte
Staff (Retired)

Re: Display Values on Top of Graph Builder Bars

I just came across this question and thought I'd respond, in case it is still useful.

Since JMP 11, you can turn on the labels for a bar chart in Graph Builder by using the label option in the Bar panel located to the left of the graph. Create your bar graph in Graph Builder. Then, to the left of the graph under the Bar properties you will see an option for labels. You can set the labels to be by value as well as a few other options.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
pmroz
Super User

Display Values on Top of Graph Builder Bars

I don't think this is possible in Graph Builder.  I switched back to using Chart because I needed the bar-labeling feature.

JMP folks: can you please, pretty please add this feature to Graph Builder?

Thanks!

Peter

tova
Level III

in jmp 10, if you mark a column as label, you can right click on the graph builder graph and select rows--> row labels.

JohnPonte
Staff (Retired)

I just came across this question and thought I'd respond, in case it is still useful.

Since JMP 11, you can turn on the labels for a bar chart in Graph Builder by using the label option in the Bar panel located to the left of the graph. Create your bar graph in Graph Builder. Then, to the left of the graph under the Bar properties you will see an option for labels. You can set the labels to be by value as well as a few other options.

cheitmann86
Level I

Hi John,

I'm trying to add as a label the results of a Tukey done on an anova, any ideas?

jac865
Level I

is it possible to move the label positions? they display right in the center of the error bar line, which doesn't look good. i want to offset them to one side or the other by a bit so they're free of the line...

In this moment i have JMP10, how can i see the values in my graph builder?

I have already " label" the column in my data sheet, in fact it is signed with an asterisk in my data table. But when i put this column in my graph builder, i don't see any values.