Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Disappearing tables on reports?

natalie_

Community Trekker

Jan 6, 2016

Hi all,

In my application, I have several number edit boxes which provide limits to whether or not a test condition passes.  I made a table to show what the limits are in a report.  When I go to open the report again, the table is gone.  Why is this?

limitNames = {"Name1", "Name2"};

lowerLimits = {LL1<<get, LL2<<get};

upperLimits = {UL1<<get, UL2<<get};

limitsTable = Table Box(

String Col Box ("Limits", limitNames),

Number Col Box ("Lower Limit", lowerLimits),

Number Col Box ("Upper Limit", upperLimits),

);

hlb3 << append(limitsTable);

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Natalie,

What I mean, is that if you want the table box that you created for the original display, to be displayed when you run the report file, you will need to open up the report file in the script editor, and paste back into the script within the report, the jsl code that you used to produce the table box.  You then save the report script, change it's extension back to .jrp and the next time you rung the report, the table box will now appear in the report.

Jim

Jim
4 REPLIES
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

I assume that what you are referring to is that after you run your script, which has the table box in it, you save the output as a .jrp (report) file.  And then when you reopen the report, the table box isn't being displayed.

This is because, homemade table boxes are not automatically supported in reports.  But you can overcome this by modifying the report.  A .jrp file is actuall just a JMP script.  If you change the extension name on the file to .jsl, you can then open it, add the table box back into the script, and then save the file again.  Then go back and change the extension back to rpt.

Jim
natalie_

Community Trekker

Jan 6, 2016

Thank you for the explanation Jim.

What do you mean add back into the script?  It needs to be done twice?

Solution

Natalie,

What I mean, is that if you want the table box that you created for the original display, to be displayed when you run the report file, you will need to open up the report file in the script editor, and paste back into the script within the report, the jsl code that you used to produce the table box.  You then save the report script, change it's extension back to .jrp and the next time you rung the report, the table box will now appear in the report.

Jim

Jim
natalie_

Community Trekker

Jan 6, 2016

Thank you Jim.

It is a little disappointing that it is not supported in the report, but I guess I will have to work around it!