It’s World Statistics Day! To honor the theme of the day, the JMP User Community is having conversations about the importance of trust in statistics and data. And we want to hear from you! Tell us the steps you take to ensure that your data is trustworthy.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
leontol
Level I

Difference in sql query check in JMP 11 vs 13

I use JMP 11, and I have a query to the database, which returns first and last dates for some serial number. This query works fine in JMP 11, but when I try to show it to my college with JMP 13, I got this JMP Alert: "syntax error at or near "2216"; Error while preparing parameters". The sql query is: "SELECT mac, site, location, date, time FROM (SELECT mac, site, location, date, time, row_number() OVER (order by date desc) as rn, count(*) over () as total_count
from data_electrical_2018 where sn='2216K000040') t where rn=1 or rn=total_count ORDER by date DESC;"

Everything is exactly the same, just it works in older version and not in new version, I think there is something with the way I send a text string (sn='2216K000040') which is JMP doesn't like, during the check (or while preparing parameters). Any ideas how to fix it?

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.