BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
poulravn

Community Trekker

Jan 25, 2012

Difference in behaviour when submitting SAS programs from JMP or EG43

Hi, I work in a mixed environment with access to both JMP and SAS Enterprise Guide. I notice that when I submit code from EG, I can set a libname to reference a network folder. When I run the program, datasets in the folder is accessible. However when I run the same program as a SAS Program submitted from JMP (v.10) I get an error message that the SAS process did not have the necessary rights to assignthe libname.

This may be out of scope, but I thougth I would put the question here. Perhaps I will try the EG forum as well.

Question is, what is the difference?

Regards

Poul

5 REPLIES
richardson_mr

Community Trekker

Jan 31, 2013

Re: Difference in behaviour when submitting SAS programs from JMP or EG43

Are JMP and EG running on different servers?

poulravn

Community Trekker

Jan 25, 2012

Hi, the JMP application runs on my machine, as does EG43. However the SAS server that EG uses runs on a different machine / Poul

Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

Hi Poul,

This problem is probably best addressed by contacting technical support. They can help sort out what's going on here.

Please email them, support@sas.com.

Thanks!

-Jeff

-Jeff
richardson_mr

Community Trekker

Jan 31, 2013

If you have any mapped network drives they might not be mapped on the server. I ran into that issue. Using the full network address instead of the drive letter fixed the problem for me.

poulravn

Community Trekker

Jan 25, 2012

It is true, that you must use full netweork addresses, not the mapped names. Thank you.

Recent development is that I tried to reconfigure the Server Connection using exact settings as copied from a working machine. Although I did not come to the root cause I can now submit SAS programs, that create libnames and opens or modifies SAS datasets on server folders. Will post again if I find the RC.

Thanks Poul