Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
boheekang
Level I

Difference between regression and separate location model at parametric survival fit

Hi

Would you let me know what's difference between regression and separate location model at parametric survival fit?

I know that separate location model uses same shape parameter.

But regression at manual is parameters(shape, location) are depended on X. I do not understand this.

How shape and location parameters of Weibull distribution are taken?

Do this model use different shape parameter?

Best Regards,

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Difference between regression and separate location model at parametric survival fit

I am not sure what you mean by "difference between regression and separate location model at parametric survival fit." I will use an example from the Reliability sample data folder, Motorette. I fit a life model using Temp as the factor for both the location and the scale parameter. All terms are significant.

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 5.28.07 AM.png

So the location and the scale parameter varies with temperature. Examine the Parameter Estimates in particular.

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 5.38.40 AM.png

How are these parameter estimates used? What does the model look like? I saved the prediction formulas for the probability and the 0.1 quantile. Here they are:

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 5.36.01 AM.png

(Predicted Probability)

15.965159157 - 0.043882405* Temp is the location parameter. 2.039358492 - 0.008725175*Temp is the scale parameter.

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 5.36.46 AM.png

(Predicted 0.1 Quantile)

The interpretation for the Weibull parameters based on the linear predictors above is the same for the second formula.

Learn it once, use it forever!
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.