Our World Statistics Day conversations have been a great reminder of how much statistics can inform our lives. Do you have an example of how statistics has made a difference in your life? Share your story with the Community!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
onewman1
Level I

Determining which test done to same subject at different intervals correlates with outcome

Please help describe how to set up this situation in jmp. 

There are two tests completed on the same individual. It is the same test completed several weeks apart. (so call it Test A and Test B). Both of these variables are continuous variables. 

The outcome is then confirmed and also is a continuous variable. 

I want to know which test correlates stronger with the outcome, i.e. is the amount found in Test A more likely to predict the outcome or is the amount found in Test B more likely to predict the outcome. 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Determining which test done to same subject at different intervals correlates with outcome

Set up your data table with a separate data column for each test and the outcome. Enter the results for an individual on separate rows. Then select Analyze > Fit Model. Enter the outcome in the Y role. Select the data columns for the tests and click Add. Click Run. This is a multiple regression model. The effect tests should help you determine which test is correlated with the outcome.

There are potential pitfalls with regression, when your data (situation) does not follow the assumptions. Are the two tests correlated? That is a common issue with regression analysis.

Learn it once, use it forever!
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.