BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jmit

Community Trekker

Nov 2, 2016

Detecting a jump in a parameter and reporting where it is

Dear JMP community,

I am struggling to find a way to detect the X-coordinate of a point which stands for the breakage of one product. 

I am sure it is possible to do it by scripts but I have very little experience with JMP.

Any help is welcome!!

Best regards,

/JM

2016_11_02_16_15_46_Presentation1.pptx_PowerPoint.jpg

3 REPLIES
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

Re: Detecting a jump in a parameter and reporting where it is

Here is a script that will do the calculations to determine the cross over voltage

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Current Data Table();

// Create a summary table to hold the new information
dtsumm = dt << Summary( Group( :batch, :Samples ID ), Freq( "None" ), Weight( "None" ) );

// Add a new column to hold the calculated value for the Voltage value when the data crosses
// crosses the target value
dtsumm << New Column( "V" );
// Create a new column that has the target value
dtsumm << New Column( "Log10 I", set each value( e-06 ) );

// Set the active data table back to the original data table
Current Data Table( dt );

// Loop across the active data table and calculate the voltage when the Y variable crosses the 
// target value
For Each Row(
	currow = Row();
	curbatch = dt:batch[Row()];
	cursampleID = :Samples ID[Row()];

// Get the row in the output table that matches the Batch value and Samples ID
	// value for the row in the main table the looping is working on
	dtsummRow = (dtsumm << get rows where( dtsumm:batch == curbatch & dtsumm:Samples ID == cursampleID ))[1];

// Don't process the data if the crossing point has been previously found
	If( Is Missing( dtsumm:v[dtsummRow] ),
		// Find all of the matching rows above the current looping row
		Highrows = dt << get rows where( dt:batch == curbatch & dt:Samples ID == cursampleID & Row() > currow );
		// If the target value lies between the current rows Y value and the next matching rows Y value then
		// determine the crossing voltage value by doing an interprelation of the voltage values of the current row
		// and the next matching rows value.
		If( dt:Name( "Log10 I [A]" )[Row()] <= dtsumm:Log10 I[dtsummRow] & dt:Name( "Log10 I [A]" )[Min( Highrows )] > dtsumm:Log10 I[dtsummRow],
			dtsumm:V[dtsummRow] = dt:V[Row()] + (dt:V[Min( Highrows )] - dt:V[Row()]) * (dtsumm:Log10 I[dtsummRow] - dt:Name( "Log10 I [A]" )[Row()])
			 / (dt:Name( "Log10 I [A]" )[Min( Highrows )] - dt:Name( "Log10 I [A]" )[Row()])
		);
	);
);
Jim
jmit

Community Trekker

Nov 2, 2016

Thanks a lot! It helps a lot. Since we show the way to script in JMP, I enter into the code and found that there was a little mistake. I replaced "set each value( e-06 ) " to set each value( -6 )" -log10 I- and it works perfectly. Also, may I ask you why in JMP: dtsumm:v[dtsummRow] is not generating any errors. I would have put dtsumm:V[dtsummRow] as the name of the column is in caps. Again, thx a lot for your help! /JM
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

JMP column names are case insensitive......in most cases, so referencing it as "v" or "V" has no impact on the execution of the code.
Jim