cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
emand22
Level I

Demographics presentation and analysis

Hello,

How do people typically organize their demographics data compared to nominal x variables (make a "Table 1")? Just tabulate and show numerically? 

Also, what is the best way to analyze demographics effect on your outcomes? For example, if my x variable is patients who got a drug vs. those who didn't, and my y variable is BMI, how can I see the role that race or gender may have on those outcomes?

Thanks for the help!

1 REPLY 1
txnelson
Super User

Re: Demographics presentation and analysis

The Fit Y by X platform will give you both a crosstab table and a Mosaic plot which is a great way to display your nominal vs. nominal data.

Concerning your BMI vs. drug groups, the Fit Y by X platform will allow you to display the data using Box Plots and also to perform tests of significance on the data.  This is probably the best way to hand that issue. 

Jim