Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Demo Code for "JMP Start Statistics" FOURTH Edition

shoffmeister

Community Trekker

Mar 27, 2015

Dear all,

I'm just preparing for a training and wanted to use JMP Start Statistics as a basis. Sadly I do have a very old version of the book right now and no time to get the most recent one. 

I would be very thankfull for the demo-scripts and tables of the fourth edition - which seem to be different to the current sixth edition - if someone has it available or knows where to find it. 

Thanks, 

Sebastian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shoffmeister

Community Trekker

Mar 27, 2015

Solution

Found that basically all files are in the sample files folder :D

4 REPLIES
shoffmeister

Community Trekker

Mar 27, 2015

Solution

Found that basically all files are in the sample files folder :D

susan_walsh1

Staff

Jul 22, 2014

Sebastian,

For most books published by SAS, there is a companion website where you can download any code or data. For example, on the JMP Start Statistics webpage , if you scroll down toward the bottom of the page you will see the Details, including a link to Example Code and Data.

Sue

shoffmeister

Community Trekker

Mar 27, 2015

Thanks for the message. I was aware of that page. Sadly I could not find the sample data for the older editions of the book. I'm working with the 4th edition. The page only provides the data for the 6th edition. 

Would be cool if SAS would keep the older websites around.

susan_walsh1

Staff

Jul 22, 2014

Sebastian,

I am sorry I hadn't noticed the edition issue. I did do some additional checking with the SAS Press folks and they advised me that they generally keep the data from the older editions of books available on the author pages. In this case, if you click on John Sall, you will find the data from the 4th, 5th, and 6th editions. You can also contact SAS Press at saspress@sas.com with questions. I hope that will help for the future.

Sue