Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Definitive Screening Designs Blocking and Augmenting

chemguy

Community Trekker

Jul 26, 2013

Hello,

Is it possible to block Definitive Screening Designs (DSD's) in 2 or more blocks? I can afford to run 8-reactors at a time and I need to typically investigate 6 to 7 factors.

If I choose a 6-factor design, how easy is it to later Augment existing DSD's to de-alias some (user-specific) interactions and curvature effects. Lets assume that other ways (hereditary principle, scientific rational) cant help in this case.

I am aware I can use Custom design option to solve my problem but my interest here is in learning more about DSDs.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES
louv

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

The answer to your question is yes.

I would suggest you check out this recording on the JMP site of a case study recorded by Dr. Peter Goos of a DSD with blocking.

http://www.sas.com/apps/webnet/video-sharing.html?player=brightcove&width=640&height=400&autoStart=t...

If you have to augment the DSD after the first pass you can just add the terms to the model that you are trying to delineate and use the augment capability.

I would also bring attention to a slideshare link to Dr. Bradley Jones presentation on DSD's (see slide #24)

Everything You Wanted to Know About Definitive Screening Designs

Hope this helps

Lou V

chemguy

Community Trekker

Jul 26, 2013

Thank you LouV. The links were really helpful.