Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Definitive Screeening Design

albiruni81

Community Trekker

Jul 15, 2014

May I know which JMP version was Definitive Screening design was introduced?

9 REPLIES
Dan_Obermiller

Apr 3, 2013

I believe it was version 11.

Dan Obermiller
kevin_c_anderso

Community Trekker

Jun 5, 2014

Brad Jones and Chris Nachtsheim published the paper in the Journal of Quality Technology Vol. 43, No. 1, January 2011.

I agree...I think it was JMP11.

albiruni81

Community Trekker

Jul 15, 2014

Is there  a presentation/paper that explain the difference between the definitive screening design and the standard screening design. I am currently using JMP 5 version

txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

I did a simple search of the JMP web site, and found the following:

Using Definitive Screening Designs to Get More Information from Fewer Trial

It has a couple of webcasts and links to a slide presentation and to the original paper by Grad Jones from JMP  and Chris Nachtsheim from the Univ. of Minn.

Jim
albiruni81

Community Trekker

Jul 15, 2014

Thanks

Peter_Bartell

Jun 5, 2014

I think there were scripts/Add Ins starting to populate the JMP universe when version 10 was the current release? Don't hold me to it though...

txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

JMP 11 incorporates Definitive Screening Design capabilities that handle continuous factors and 2-level categorical factors. This add-in provides similar capabilities for JMP 9 and JMP 10.

Definitive Screening Addin

Jim
M_Anderson

Staff

Nov 21, 2014

I don't think the Add-in has been updated though, so it's missing a bunch of refinements to DSD's that have come since version 11.  Most notably the 2 step forward selection algorithm in JMP 13.  The DSD's are incredible in their own right, but it's the analysis method that is the real secret sauce for the workflow.  

@albiruni81 if you are doing Experimental Design and need to do screening it's absolutely a tool you need in your kit.  Also, if you're still running JMP 5, there are so many reasons to update:  Graph Builder, The Screening Platforms... There are too many to list.  

Best,

M

Peter_Bartell

Jun 5, 2014

To pile onto my colleague Mike Anderson's comment on adding DSDs to your screening design tool kit...I'm reminded of one of JMP's Analytically Speaking webinars where Stu Hunter commented something akin to, "...DSDs render 2**(k-p) RES III and IV designs essentially obsolete..." Nuff said.