cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
vishwasanj
Level V

Debugging JSL script

Hi All,

When I encounter a problem in the script, I try to put the cursor on the variables and it used to show me the last stored value of different variables in log window, instead of specifically typing show(variable). I am not sure what I changed in settings/preferences, it doesn't show up anymore. I am using JMP 13.

Anyone came across this issue?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Debugging JSL script

I have been using JSL (on Windows) since 2000 when JSL first came out. The only behavior I have seen on previous versions is described below. If I hover over a variable that has been run, the last value is shown as hover help (a tool tip) and in the status bar.  See attached .PNG file.

If your script window is not large enough, the status bar value is not shown.  Also, note in the picture I declared two variables (a and b)  as local. Once run (outside of the local function)  those variables no longer have a value.   

If I want to see the value in the log, I select the variable and click run or Ctrl+R and the log will show the value. In no other version, have I been able to see the value in the log without running it. I typically use hover.