cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
LKlavins
Level I

Data labels and error bars overlapping

Hey!

Currently running the trial of JMP 15.1- so far it is awesome!!!

I ran into a problem tho- I did ANOVA and Tukeys on my data. Due to the funcionality of JMP I wanted to make a graph of the stats+my data where the Tukeys would be shown, however, when trying to implement the connecting letters to my bar graph I noticed that the Row Labels are overlapping with the error bars... Any way that I could move the bar labels higher, so that they are not in the way of my error bars?

LKlavins_0-1583929395903.png

3 REPLIES 3
Byron_JMP
Staff

Re: Data labels and error bars overlapping

I wish I had error bars that small to have this problem.

Just add this little bit of script to your graph. Use the customize option and then click the "+" to add a script.

for each row(Text(Center Justified, {row()-1, mean+10}, "NEW "||:Label));

here's a picture of it

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 9.57.45 AM.png

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)
jaecurrent
Level I

Hi I just found this response and I am having the same issue. I am new to JMP so I am still learning could you provide this explanation about adding the script with a little more detail? I am able to get to the window where I add the script but then nothing works. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Alex_Mar
Level I

Hello @LKlavins 

I've been struggling myself with this issue. Something that worked out for me was caption boxes

Instead of adding labels, you can go over your graph, do right-click, add, caption box. Then it will give you probably the general mean value on the right top corner (by default). You can then do again right-click, go caption box (there's an option after you've inserted it), and select the option per factor. That will show for every bar the mean value. In the same place, you can do all kinds of adjustments, eg place the caption box at the top, center, bottom, or even get other statistics like median. Just make sure there's enough space above your bars, by increasing the magnitude of your y-axis.
I hope this is helpful. 

Capture.PNG