Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Data analysis on multiple text files?

newjmpuser

Community Trekker

Jun 14, 2012

Hi,

I am a new jmp user and was wondering if there is a way to script the following.

1) open all text files from a folder

2) determine min and max of a certain column (lets say coloumn 2).

3) store the min and max data in another jmp table with respect to the text file names.

thanks for any help i can get..

4 REPLIES

I've written a little script that should do this: it could do with an error-trap to check for text files that don't have at least three columns, and you'll need to change the default directory at which it looks initially for .txt files, but essentially I think it should do what you need - or at least provide you with a starting point that you can customize further.  Would you like to give it a try?

Cheers,

David

newjmpuser

Community Trekker

Jun 14, 2012

Thanks so much. It actually does what i want. its a great starting point for me to build upon. thanks again..

olivia_manning

Community Trekker

Jun 20, 2012

Hi,

I'm sorry to just arrive into the discussion like this but I am working on a script that is fairly similar at the start and am having a few problems.

Once the files are selected from the folder, I would like to allow the user to give each file a new name and I'm finding it tricky to include a text box for n files...

I would be very grateful for any help

olivia_manning

Community Trekker

Jun 20, 2012

Also, any idea how I could get TxtFilesList to be a list of the filepaths instead of a list of the filenames?
Thanks