cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
laisteve17
Level II

Data Table from Private to Visible

How do I show (in a window) a data table that was opened as Private?

I understand that private objects do not have windows associated with them. I generate many tables and I am optimizing my script by keeping them private. My question is, how do I add a private data table to a window and display it like a typical data table? I want the same functionality as if it were opened as Visible.

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eric_Hill
Staff

Re: Data Table from Private to Visible

Hey,

Specifically to Jim's point, do this:

dtPrivate = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA\Big Class.jmp", Private);

/*...*/

dtVisible = dt << Subset( Link To Original Data Table(1) );

Any changes you make to the visible version of the table will be reflected in the private table, since the visible table is merely a link to the private table.

HTH,

Eric

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

You will have to create a subset of the data table to either an invisible or visible state.

Jim
Eric_Hill
Staff

Hey,

Specifically to Jim's point, do this:

dtPrivate = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA\Big Class.jmp", Private);

/*...*/

dtVisible = dt << Subset( Link To Original Data Table(1) );

Any changes you make to the visible version of the table will be reflected in the private table, since the visible table is merely a link to the private table.

HTH,

Eric

This can be done without creating a subset using the New Data View message. I used this method in my Word Import Tool add-in.

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA\Big Class.jmp", "private" );

dt << New Data View;
Justin