cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
swaiper
Level II

Data Filters - auto-update

Hello,

I have a problem on my app create with the App Generator.

I have created a window with an histogram, and an table (both on the same window). When i select rows in my table, my histogram is automaticly updated.

But my problem is when I try to had a filter box on the same window :

pDate <<launch(

df = ds << Data Filter(

Local,

columns( Eval("File Date") )

);

My data filter is launch, but when I try to move the slidder of de the date, my table and my histogram doesn't uptade.

I have found thisone in exemples scripts index :

df << Make Row State Handler( ds );

But it doesn't work too. I just had this line after my filter, maybe it's not the good place.

Thanks per advance for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Data Filters - auto-update

The Local Data Filter works in combination with a Data Filter Context Box, which tells the Data Filter which reports you want to filter.  If you want to filter the entire window, just select the top-level box and select Data Filter Context Box from  the toolbar:

8717_DFContext.png

If you have multiple reports you can use this box to filter only one of the reports, but you do have to make sure that both the filter and the report are within the Data Filter Context Box.

Hope that helps!

-Dan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The Local Data Filter works in combination with a Data Filter Context Box, which tells the Data Filter which reports you want to filter.  If you want to filter the entire window, just select the top-level box and select Data Filter Context Box from  the toolbar:

8717_DFContext.png

If you have multiple reports you can use this box to filter only one of the reports, but you do have to make sure that both the filter and the report are within the Data Filter Context Box.

Hope that helps!

-Dan

swaiper
Level II

Thank you for your answer, but it's not working fine.

I try to do this. But my filter work only on my TabulateBox, not on my graphs. I don't understand why.

I put the DataFilterContext on all my window. I think put this context on my garphs contener will work but it didn't.

Just a screen to see my app and maybe help :\

8729_Untitled.png

You can see my filter is apply to my Tabulate, but not on the two graphs builder.

Thanks per advance for your answers.

Romain

swaiper
Level II

I resolve my problem. It's because I launch my Filter not with a good way.

Problem solved.

Thanks a lot.

XanGregg
Staff

The data table is more of a source object and doesn't respond to data filter exclusions if that's what you mean. However, you can get the exclude effect (but not the selection linking) with a Tabulate table instead.

8718_dtapp.png

To get Tabulate to show the data instead of a summary, I added a nominal unique ID column called "row" (name is not unique here because there are two Roberts).