Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Dashed plot legends in JMP?

sadhammer

Community Trekker

Sep 14, 2013

Greetings,

If I create a plot such as a Kaplan-Meier survival curve in JMP 9, 10, or 11 and change the plot colors, this automatically changes the colors in the plot legend. However, If I change the plot lines from solid to dashed, the plot legends do not automatically update from solid to dashed. This is an important issue for purposes such as black and white printing.

Is there a "magic" button or way to make plot legends dashed in JMP? If not, is there a straightforward way to do this in the JSL scripting code for the plot and/or plot legend outputs?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES
michael_jmp

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

Hello,

Unfortunately, I don't know of a good way to do this. I will pass the request to development. Are you using the Survival platform or the Life Distribution platform?

In the meantime, if you don't have too many curves on one plot, would you be able to use various shades of black/gray to sufficiently differentiate the curves for black and white printing?

Regards,

Michael

Michael Crotty
Sr Statistical Writer
JMP Development
sadhammer

Community Trekker

Sep 14, 2013

Dear Michael,

Thank you for this information. To answer your question: the Survival platform. I presume the issue would be the same with the Life Distribution platform?

I have used another program (MedCalc statistical software) as a workaround for this issue in the past.

Regards.

michael_jmp

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

Unfortunately, yes, the issue is the same in the Life Distribution platform. However, it is more likely to be fixed in the future for Life Distribution than Survival, since Life Distribution is under more active development.

Regards,
Michael

Michael Crotty
Sr Statistical Writer
JMP Development