Level I

Dashboard with DB query and table manipulation

Hello,

I would like to build a dashboard (and AddIn) with the following steps:

1) DB query with promt on run --> dt1

2) dt1* = dt1 with table manipulation e.g. add columns

3) generadte multiple graphs (with graph builder) based on dt1*

4) Build Dashboard based on dt1* and build AddIn

When I combine the graphs to build a dashboard (after3)) the query starts again and the dashboard will be generated based on dt1 not dt1* that means without the table manipulation

I dont know exactly where I have to change the script of the Dashboard to use dt1* as source or to manipulate the data source.

Many thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Dashboard with DB query and table manipulation

Do you need dt1* to be a new table, or can you make the changes to the query table in-place?

Dashboard Builder will take whatever is in the "Source" script in the data table and run it.  If you include all table manipulation as part of the query, using the Post-Query Script, the table should then contain everything that you need for your graphs.

Attached is an example based on your description, where I added for the Post-Query:

QueryPost.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Do you need dt1* to be a new table, or can you make the changes to the query table in-place?

Dashboard Builder will take whatever is in the "Source" script in the data table and run it.  If you include all table manipulation as part of the query, using the Post-Query Script, the table should then contain everything that you need for your graphs.

Attached is an example based on your description, where I added for the Post-Query:

QueryPost.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
TWE
TWE
Level I

Hi,

that exactly what I need. I tried this recently but I missed it to point to the "current data table ()".

Many Thanks!

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.