BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
MP
MP
Community Member

DOE Custom design, how to assign mixture factors to 2 different groups of factors

Hi, I would like to create a custom design that includes mixture factors.  I have 3 different types of cells that I would like to assing as mixture factors (level 0 - 1 so that all combinations add up to 1).  I then have 3 different media types that I again want to assign as mixture factors so all combinations add up to 1.  Is there a way in the design to keep these groups of mixture factors independant from one another so that combinations of cells (adding up to 1) are tested against different combinations of media (adding up to 1).  I am using JMP 13.2.1.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: DOE Custom design, how to assign mixture factors to 2 different groups of factors

This sounds like a mixture of mixtures scenario to me. Rather than each set adding to 1, consider having them add to 0.5. I think this link might give you an idea on how you might approach this problem: https://www.jmp.com/support/help/14/mixture-of-mixtures-design.shtml

Dan Obermiller