cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
terapin
Level VI

Customize Toolbars - Move Items within Toolbar

I've created a toolbar that contains numerous Custom JSL Scripts that I've written.  I would like to change the order/grouping of these items on the toolbar but can neither drag/drop them to new locations nor do I find any commands for moving or adjusting the position of items within the Toolbar.  The best I've been able to figure out, which is rather clunky and time-consuming, is to create a new command where I want it located in my toolbar list, copy over each of the various fields into this new command, and then delete the original command.  

Is there an easier way to accomplish this?  If not, it would be great if the developers could add drag/drop, or at least, move up/down button capabilities.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bobmorrane
Level V

Re: Customize Toolbars - Move Items within Toolbar

Hi @terapin,

I learnt something with your post. I was not aware I could add custom scripts to a toolbar, thanks for sharing!

In response to your question, I think indeed there is no solution for what you are trying to do, other than the copy/paste/ delete you suggested.

This would be easily done with a move up/ down Arrow in the toolbar customisation screen.

You should post it in the JMP wishlist :)

~~Bob~~

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
bobmorrane
Level V

Hi @terapin,

I learnt something with your post. I was not aware I could add custom scripts to a toolbar, thanks for sharing!

In response to your question, I think indeed there is no solution for what you are trying to do, other than the copy/paste/ delete you suggested.

This would be easily done with a move up/ down Arrow in the toolbar customisation screen.

You should post it in the JMP wishlist :)

~~Bob~~
terapin
Level VI

Good idea @bobmorrane about the wishlist.  I'll do that and hope that we see this capability soon.

hogi
Level XI

link to the wish:
Toolbar Customization - Drag/Drop or Move Up/Down Items in List 
still waiting for Kudos?

Is there an alternative way to change the order of icons on a toolbar?
(... or the add-ins in the Addin-Menu? here copy/paste/delete is not what you want to do ... )

hogi
Level XI

To specify the position of an icon within the toolbar, one can manually add  insert before and insert after groups to the .jmpcust file.

e.g. with the insert before group referencing Local Data Filter, one can add icons in fron to the Local Data filter command of the report toolbar:

Graph Builder Toolbar 

hogi_1-1670626833112.png

<jm:toolbar>
    <jm:name>REPORT</jm:name>
      <jm:insert_before>
        <jm:name>Local Data Filter</jm:name>	
    <jm:command>
      <jm:name>OPEN CONTROL</jm:name>
</jm:insert_before>

hogi
Level XI

If the commands of different add-ins are added to the same Toolbar, the Load Order setting in the ViewAdd-Ins menu specifies the order.
Sometimes, one can use the up/down arrows to change the order - sometimes this doesn't work (?!?).
Then one can key in another number and press enter - which will close the dialog and move the Add-In to the new position.

hogi_2-1670627018477.png