cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
shoffmeister
Level V

Custom Icons for Button Box

Hey JMPers!

Again a little scripting problem: I would like to add a custom image to a ButtonBox. Sadly it does not work. My script looks like this:

New Window("My Window",
	V List Box(
		bb = Button Box("New Project");
	)
);

// bb << Set Icon("JMP"); // This works!
bb <<Set Icon("../imgs/New Project Icon.png"); // => Gives "Unknown" in the log!!!

New Image(Open("../imgs/New Project Icon.png")); // Opens the image. Path seems to work fine

As you can see, JMP is able to find my image, as the last line of the script works without error. But the second to last line produces the message "Unknown" in the log and doe not add the Image to the Button. 

Thanks for any advice,

Sebastian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Custom Icons for Button Box

Try using an absolute filepath instead of a relative filepath. A button has its own context and does not know anything about the script that created it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pmroz
Super User

Change the semicolon to a comma for your button box definition::

bb = Button Box("New Project"),

This works in JMP 13:

a = new window("test",
	b = button box("Bar Chart"),
);

b << set icon("C:\JMP\Icons\icon-48x48-chart_bar.png");

BarchartButton.png

Try using an absolute filepath instead of a relative filepath. A button has its own context and does not know anything about the script that created it.