Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Creating invisible tables from reports

Hi,

I have several scripts in which I create a table from a report, that is, I run a script that looks something like this:

FM = Fit Model( Y( Yvar ), Effects( X1, X2, X3 ), Run( etc etc etc ), Invisible );

FM << show tree structure;

FMR = FM << report;

Model = FMR[TableBox(3)] << make combined data table;

The above runs the platform, after which I use the tree structure property to work out which table within FM it is that I want to copy.  I then send FM to a report, from which I finally take a copy of that table.  The platform has run invisibly, and I obviously remove the tree structure line once I know which table I want.  However I also usually want the final table to be invisible also.  Can that be done somehow?  I can take an invisible copy of it and then delete the original easily enough, but I'd prefer not to see it at all.

I know I've asked very similar questions to this one in the past, and from the replies I've managed to make the overwhelming majority of my "temporary" tables invisible, but I don't think I've ever pinned this one specific point down.

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

No way I know of for avoiding the flashing entirely, hence I would choose to go the the underlying columns ( NumberColBox) and use the Get As Matrix message, then do whatever you want with the data.

Dave

-Dave
5 REPLIES
ms

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

This may work. The window may flash for a millisecond but then disappear.

(Model = FMR[Table Box( 3 )] << make combined data table) << show window( 0 )

As you suspected, it flashes for a millisecond - but it seems to be slightly slicker than previously, so that's definitely a step in the right direction.  Many thanks!

Solution

No way I know of for avoiding the flashing entirely, hence I would choose to go the the underlying columns ( NumberColBox) and use the Get As Matrix message, then do whatever you want with the data.

Dave

-Dave
David_Burnham

Super User

Jul 13, 2011

Not directly related to your question but possibly relevant to what you are doing ... there a few (unfortunately only a few) messages for Fit Model, listed under Fit Least Squares, that allow you to get some of the model information directly without resorting to unpicking the tree structure. For example "Get Effect PValues"

-Dave

I like the  "<< get as matrix" idea very much: that should deal with it very nicely indeed.  Many thanks!