cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Jain
Level I

Create Jmp file from C#

I want to create a jmp file with a simple spreadsheet like below using C#. How can I achieve that? I will appreciate any pointers or sample code.

Name    Salary

John    70000

Mike     80000

Michelle 90000

Thanks,
Shrish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Create Jmp file from C#

Your JMP install contains a C# example that describes how to automate JMP.  It is typically found under the folder C:\Program Files\SAS\JMP\13\Samples\Automation\Visual C# Sample\JMPStarter .

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Your JMP install contains a C# example that describes how to automate JMP.  It is typically found under the folder C:\Program Files\SAS\JMP\13\Samples\Automation\Visual C# Sample\JMPStarter .

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

Jumper2Jmp
Level I

Thank you.

But The sample project has an reference named ''JMP", so where can i get it please?

截图.PNG

JMP must be added as a reference to your project, after you locate the jmp.tlb file that is installed (c:\program files\sas\jmp\14).  The Automation Reference.pdf that is supplied with the JMP Documentation contains the steps to do this.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

Jumper2Jmp
Level I

thank you .
And I know how to add but I can not find where is JMP.dll file, can you please?
Jumper2Jmp
Level I

thank you .
And I know how to add but I can not find where is JMP.dll file, can you please?

Jumper2Jmp
Level I

okay

I found it in folder:

D:\Program Files\SAS\JMP\13\Samples\Automation\Visual CSharp Sample\JMPStarter\obj\Debug\Interop.JMP.dll

Pony
Level I

yes , i also meet this issue;

if i didnot install JMP software ,but i want use C# Creat JMP file,how can I do ?

Craige_Hales
Super User

Without JMP installed you can't create a .JMP data table (which is a binary format.)

You can create a .JSL file (text) that will open as a data table. You can also create other formats JMP will open, including .CSV, .JSON, etc

Some of these formats are for data.Some of these formats are for data.

Craige
txnelson
Super User

JMP provides a C# example in the sample code that is installed when you install JMP.  Here is the path to the JMP 13 version

C:\Program Files\SAS\JMPPRO\13\Samples\Automation\Visual CSharp Sample

Jim