Our World Statistics Day conversations have been a great reminder of how much statistics can inform our lives. Do you have an example of how statistics has made a difference in your life? Share your story with the Community!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
emand22
Level I

Copying forward equations

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to copy forward analytics? I have a nominal x (yes/no) and multiple continuous y variables that I want to independently compare to the x. If I say want to do a t test, is there a way to apply that to each y variable? Right now I am having to click the down arrow for each one and add t test, which is time consuming when I have a lot of y categories.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: Copying forward equations

JMP has a universal action that when you use it, it will broadcast your selection for a single analysis, across to all of the selected analyses.  Just hold down the Control Key while selecting the desired t test option, and all of your selected response columns will run the t test.

You can also go to 

File=>Preferences=>Platforms, and go to the Oneway Platform and check the t test check box.  Then, by default, every time you run the Fit Y by X platform it will display the t test results.

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

JMP has a universal action that when you use it, it will broadcast your selection for a single analysis, across to all of the selected analyses.  Just hold down the Control Key while selecting the desired t test option, and all of your selected response columns will run the t test.

You can also go to 

File=>Preferences=>Platforms, and go to the Oneway Platform and check the t test check box.  Then, by default, every time you run the Fit Y by X platform it will display the t test results.

Jim

View solution in original post

Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Also........you should really take the time to read the Discovering JMP document from the JMP Documentation Library under the Help pull down menu.
Jim
Article Labels