cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Treponema
Level III

Copy column prediction formulas to new column

Hi community,

This is probably an easy fix, but I'm stumped... I am looking for a scripting answer.

I am trying to make a generic workflow in a JSL add-on consisting of the following steps:

1: Create new column with non-linear prediction expression and parameters (done)

2: Model non-linear data with prediction expression and fit by groups (done)

3: Save prediction formula by groups in a new column (done)

4: Copy prediction formulas (from 3.) into a new column and differentiate by column(X) (help!)

Basically, I am trying to copy a prediction formula from one column into another column in the same data table for differentiation and subsequent visualization (graph builder).

Thanks alot :)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Copy column prediction formulas to new column

This approach should work:

• You know the model so you can differentiate outside of JMP.
  • You can use the Get Formula message to get the expression for the saved prediction formula.
  • You can use the Arg() function to extract all the parameter estimates.
  • You can use Substitute() to replace placeholders with the actual estimates in the derivative.
  • Use the Set Formula() message with the new expression to set the new column.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

This approach should work:

• You know the model so you can differentiate outside of JMP.
  • You can use the Get Formula message to get the expression for the saved prediction formula.
  • You can use the Arg() function to extract all the parameter estimates.
  • You can use Substitute() to replace placeholders with the actual estimates in the derivative.
  • Use the Set Formula() message with the new expression to set the new column.
Treponema
Level III

Thanks alot Mark!